Why Checking Your Pool Water Level Is Important
The water level in your pool should remain approximately halfway up the skimmer box opening.
* Under normal circumstances, there should be no more than 1/4 inch of water lost from a pool per day. If more than that is lost, it may be a sign of a leak.
* If there are cracks or loose tiles in the pool deck, it could mean that the pool is leaking.
* It may mean your pool is leaking if there are cracks and gaps in the bond beam.
* Water-saturated soil in the area surrounding the pool, plumbing or pool pumps could be an indication that there are leaks in your pool.
* If bubbles appear in the return water while the pool pump is operating, most likely a leak is present in the suction side of the filtration system.
Tip: If you don't want to maintain your pool yourself, contact a pool care professional today.