Regular Swimming Pool Maintenance Steps
If you want to avoid the typical problems associated with pool ownership, exercise appropriate pool maintenance. You can enjoy crystal clean water in your pool by sticking to this simple set of instructions for upkeep. However, if you don't have time to do all this, just use a professional swimming pool cleaning service.
Regular Swimming Pool Maintenance Steps:
Two Times Per Week:
1. Help achieve a balance of pool chemicals by utilizing AquaChek test strips; this will help you maintain pH levels between 7.4 and 7.6.
2. Measure and take steps to keep the concentration of free, useable chlorine between one and three parts per million.
3. Use a pool surface cleaner to clean the tile at the waterline level. Empty your skimmer baskets and skim floating debris such as insects and leaves off the surface of your pool.
One Time Weekly:
1. Shock your pool with an application of a single package of shock for each 10,000 gallons of water. Following a downpour, a spell of high temperatures or an especially high number of swimmers, you might have to apply extra pool shock.
2. Keep algae from proliferating by applying algae inhibitor on a routine dosing schedule.
3. Brush the walls and clean the floors with a pool vacuum.
Every month you should bring a sample of your pool water to a professional water testing service. Alternately, you could use test strips to get a full analysis of your pool chemical levels.
In the middle of the season, you should clean your pool filter using Filter Cleaner Degreaser. This will remove grease and oil that have built up in the filter.
Once you apply Flock or Metal Remover to your pool, allow 24 - 36 hours to elapse. Afterwards, perform a pool bottom cleaning with pool vacuum equipment prior to allowing swimmers to enter.
Don't perform a reading of pool water with test kits or strips like AquaChek when the weather is gusty or rainy.
Tip: Maintaining your swimming pool can be a lot of work. If you don't have time, contact a pool cleaning company today.